Welcome Spring with these adorable and delicious Strawberry Mini-Cheesecakes
Breathe some new life into your spring baking and try my Strawberry Mini-Cheesecakes! These little cheesecakes are bursting with flavor and spring cuteness – plus you can decorate them to fit any occasion, not just the coming of Easter or Springtime.
These Strawberry Mini-Cheesecakes are built and baked in cupcake liners (yes, you can do that). You’ll start by making a simple graham cracker crust with melted butter, a little sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
Press the crust into the bottom of the cupcake liners with a small flat-bottomed object; anything will do :0) Then bake them in a 325 degree oven for about 10 minutes, rotating half way through.
Here’s the fun surprise of these mini-cakes; there’s strawberry jam in the bottom of each one! Once the crusts are done baking, dollop a spoonful of jam into the bottom and spread it around a bit. Then, beat the cheesecake ingredients together to form the batter, and fill each muffin cup. Leave just 1/4 inch of space from the top to compensate for the batter- it will puff up a bit when baking, but then shrink as it cools.
Bake the cheesecakes in a 300 degree oven for just 20 minutes or so, or until they are just barely jiggly in the middle. Cheesecake is easy to overbake, which causes cracks to form as it cools.
Cool the cheesecakes in the muffin tins on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes, them pop the tins in the fridge to chill and set the Strawberry Mini-Cheesecakes. Afterward you can remove them and go to town decorating them!
My little helper in the kitchen was delighted by the way I decorated these adorable Strawberry Mini-Cheesecakes and I just couldn’t keep her away haha :0) Make these mini-cakes and make them your own, they are delicious and fun. As always, I’d love to hear what you think, so leave me a comment below and if you try the recipe, rate it for me and for other readers, thanks!Print
These adorable Strawberry Mini-Cheesecakes are delicious and so fun to decorate! A layer of strawberry jam is hidden between the crust and the cheesecake, creating a surprise burst of flavor and leaving the surface clean for you to dress-up however you wish.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted and hot
- 1 jar strawberry jam
- 3 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Set your oven to heat to 325 degrees F. Fill two muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside. Whisk the graham cracker crumbs and sugar together, then mix in butter with a fork until moistened. Place a heaping teaspoon full into the bottom of each liner and press flat with the bottom of a small cup. Bake for 10 minutes, rotating half way through. Remove from the oven to cool and reset the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- While crusts are cooling, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Slowly beat in sweetened condensed milk, followed by the eggs, one at a time. Scrape down the sides and beat for about 2 minutes more, until smooth.
- Remove the lid of the strawberry jam jar and warm in the microwave (about 20-30 seconds) Stir and place a tablespoon of jam in each cupcake liner.
- Fill cupcake liners with cheesecake batter 1/2 inch from the top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the outsides are puffy and the middles are still a tiny bit jiggly. Place muffin tins with mini-cheesecakes still in them, onto a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes. Place tins into a fridge to chill for 1 hour. Remove and decorate with your choice of toppings.
To get the look of these Easter/spring themed cheesecakes:
Toast 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut in a 300 degree oven on a rimmed baking sheet for about 6 minutes, stirring every two minutes, until the coconut is slightly browned and golden. Remove and empty into a bowl.
Place one chocolate candy Cadbury egg in the center of each mini-cheesecake. Sprinkle toasted coconut over the top of the eggs, forming a ‘nest’ around the egg.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 mini-cheesecake
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 152 mg
- Fat: 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 69 mg
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!