This post has been sponsored by Tyson®Foods, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Celebrate an authentic Cinco de Mayo with these southwestern Grilled Chicken Tacos with Green Chile Cream Sauce
Fiesta forever with these delicious tacos; made super easy thanks to Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips and TortillaLand® Tortillas! Both of which you can pick up at your local Albertsons today.
Grilled Chicken Tacos with Green Chile Cream Sauce are filled with layers of ready-to-serve Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips, roasted butternut squash, seasoned black beans, shredded cabbage, crumbled queso fresco (Hispanic fresh cheese), all smothered in green chile cream sauce, which you can easily whip up in your blender at home in less than a minute.
Besides being delicious and healthy, I chose to add squash and beans to my Cinco de Mayo tacos because I’m from New Mexico, where Native Americans have been growing these staple foods for hundreds of years. I season them (along with a bit of chopped onion) generously with chili powder, lime and salt before roasting to impart some amazingly great taco flavors.
While the squash is roasting, you’ll make a simple green chile cream sauce by pureeing heavy cream, water, chicken bullion powder and a pinch of salt in a blender.
Get these Tacos on the table fast with ready to serve Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips and Freshly Cooked TortillaLand® Tortillas
Save time and dirty less dishes by warming the Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips in the same pan you’ll use to cook your fresh TortillaLand® Tortillas. They are 100% all natural, made with white meat chicken that is minimally processed with no artificial ingredients.
I specifically chose to warm the chicken first so the cooking tortillas would pick up some leftover flavors of the chicken. I also sprinkled the chicken with the same seasoning I used for the roasting squash to give it that south of the border kick!
Few things are better in life than eating a fresh-from-the-pan warm flour tortilla. Folks who have grown up eating fresh tortillas on a weekly (even daily!) basis won’t settle for anything less. Give your Cinco de Mayo celebration a truly authentic, fresh and delicious flavor by serving TortillaLand® Tortillas that you cook yourself at home. The 5 ingredient raw tortillas take just 1 minute to puff and turn spotty brown, then they’re ready to eat. At my local Albertsons I can find them in the refrigerated section right next to the cheeses and fresh pasta. While you’re there, be sure to pick up the queso fresco as well!
Albertsons does such a great job at including locally made products into their stores, and I really appreciate that! My store always has a whole aisle dedicated to ‘Made in New Mexico’ products, which is perfect for adding the finishing touches on a great Cinco de Mayo celebration.
Ready to try my Grilled Chicken Tacos with Green Chile Cream Sauce? Don’t forget to stop by your local Albertsons and company store to save $2 on TWO (2) Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Chicken Products or TortillaLand® Tortilla Products!
And remember to download the Albertsons app to save on Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips and 5 TortillaLand® Tortillas! Adios amigos :0)Print
Grilled Chicken Tacos with Green Chile Cream Sauce are just what you need to throw a great party! Made with ready to eat grilled Tyson chicken, freshly cooked TortillaLand flour tortillas, seasoned roasted squash, black beans, queso fresco and shredded cabbage; smothered in spicy roasted green chile cream sauce.
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Tajin Mexican seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (4 oz.) can of chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bullion powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 package of Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 5 TortillaLand® Tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Set your oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the squash, onion, vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon of Mexican seasoning together in a bowl. Spread into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Empty into a bowl and stir in the black beans. Cover with foil and set aside.
- While the squash is roasting, place the heavy cream, green chiles, water, chicken bullion and a pinch of salt in a blender. Puree for 30 seconds, empty sauce into a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl and microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Place Tyson fully cooked chicken strips into a large 12 inch non-stick skillet set over medium heat, and sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of Tajin Mexican seasoning. Cook, stirring often, until heated through and beginning to brown, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from skillet and cover with foil. Cook the TortillaLand tortillas one at a time in the same skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds on each side, or until spotty browned and puffy.
- Build tacos by filling individual tortillas with chicken, bean/squash mix, green chile cream sauce, shredded cabbage and sprinkling queso fresco over the top. Serve warm.
I have written this recipe so that it can easily be doubled if you’d like to use the entire bag of Tyson chicken and all the TortillaLand tortillas.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican American
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 558
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 2019 mg
- Fat: 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 55.1 g
- Cholesterol: 197 mg
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!