This 20 minute One-Skillet Bacon Mac and Cheese is ultimate high-class comfort food when you use Sargento aged cheeses. A fast, easy and delicious weeknight meal.
- 4–6 ounces of bacon, chopped small
- 3 and 1/2 cups water, plus more as needed
- 1 (12 oz.) can of evaporated milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces of Gemelli pasta (about 2 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (6 oz.) bag Sargento Shreds Reserve Series 18-Month Aged Cheddar
- 1/2 cup of Sargento off the Block Swiss Shredded Cheese blend
- Chopped scallion (optional garnish)
- Place bacon in a cold skillet and set the heat to medium. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, until browned and slightly crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to cool on a paper towel lined plate or bowl.
- While the bacon cooks, add the 3 and 1/2 cups water to a large non-stick skillet set over medium high heat. Pour two tablespoons of evaporated milk in a small container, set it aside, then pour the rest into the water. Sprinkle the salt over and bring mixture to a gentle boil. Stir in gemelli pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir the Dijon and cornstarch into the 2 tablespoons reserved evaporated milk. Pour mixture into skillet with the pasta. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Off heat, stir in cheeses until fully melted, adding a little water if necessary to loosen the sauce if it becomes too thick. Sprinkle cooked bacon bits and chopped scallion over pasta and serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 524
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 1121 mg
- Fat: 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.4 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 26.9 g
- Cholesterol: 68 mg