This post has kindly been sponsored by Tyson chicken©, Hillshire Farm© and Albertson’s. All thoughts/opinions are my own.
Enjoy all the delicious and comforting flavors of classic stuffed chicken cordon bleu with this deconstructed Easy Weeknight Chicken Cordon bleu casserole ready in just 45 minutes.
Chicken Cordon bleu Deconstructed
This recipe is fast and delicious thanks to high-quality products like Tyson Grilled and Ready Oven Roasted Diced Chicken and Hillshire Farm Thin Honey Ham Lunch Meat, both of which you can find at your local Albertsons’ grocery store.
There is no stuffing, rolling, or breading with Easy Weeknight Chicken Cordon bleu casserole- this is Chicken Cordon bleu deconstructed to streamline getting dinner on your table fast without sacrificing flavor! You still have the fantastic combination of ham and Swiss cheese with the chicken, without any of the time-consuming preparation methods.
Easy Weeknight Chicken Casserole
Everybody enjoys eating food made from scratch, but that’s just not practical for busy folks who don’t have time to do a lot of cooking. These kinds of quality products are a real lifesaver on weekday nights when you have no energy left from a hard day’s work!
Simply layer the diced chicken, torn ham pieces, and cheese into your prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with grated Swiss cheese, then mix up the sauce (no cooking required!) and pour it over the meat and cheese.
Stir together melted butter, seasoned bread crumbs, and grated parmesan cheese. Then sprinkle this final layer over your Easy Weeknight Chicken Cordon-bleu casserole before popping it into the oven. The sauce thickens and the bread crumbs crisp while it bakes!
Need some easy sides to go with this yummy dinner? Try Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes or Mocktail Fruit Salad. This Easy Weeknight Chicken Cordon-bleu casserole is comfort food at it’s finest that your whole family can enjoy. Please let me know how it goes for you by leaving a comment below. I always love the feedback!Print
Super-satisfying weeknight chicken casserole made easy with Tyson Grilled & Ready Oven Roasted Diced Chicken and Hillshire Farm Honey Ham lunch meat. Chicken, ham and cheese all baked in a silky rich sauce with a crunchy breadcrumb topping.
- 4 cups Tyson Grilled & Ready Oven Roasted Diced Chicken
- 5 slices of Hillshire Farm Honey Ham Lunch Meat
- 1/2 heaping cup of shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 and 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Set an oven rack to middle position and set to 350℉. Spray a 9X13 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place the chicken in the bottom of the pan. Tear ham into small pieces and place on top of the chicken. Top ham with grated swiss cheese.
- Mix together the half & half, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, paprika, pepper, vinegar, coriander, sugar, and corn starch in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk in the milk. Pour over the meat and cheese in the casserole dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle topping evenly over the casserole. Place dish into the oven uncovered and bake for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with minced parsley if desired. Serve.
For a gluten-free option, simply skip the bread crumb topping.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6th the recipe
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 7.9
- Sodium: 1740
- Fat: 18.39
- Saturated Fat: 9.2
- Carbohydrates: 25.3
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 43.6
- Cholesterol: 181
Keywords: chicken dinner, cordon bleu, casserole, weeknight
Free ebook for all Subscribers!
What will you stuff in your sopapillas? Subscribe now to receive your free copy of Sopapilla Fiesta! today with six recipe combinations of stuffings and chili sauces. Bonus dessert recipe included!