This rich chocolatey blue ribbon fudge recipe winner is the one you need for the holidays because it’s so easy, delicious, and customizable. Throw any variety of chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, or other chips in to make lots of fudge to share with family and friends!
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 14 ounces chocolate chips of choice
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish by lining it with tin foil. Spray tin foil with non-stick spray. OR cut the top off a 1/2 gallon rectangular cardboard milk carton and wash it out.
- Place sugar, evaporated milk, and butter in a large stockpot. Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Set the timer for 6 minutes. When the time is up, remove from heat.
- Add in chips, nuts (if you’re using them), and vanilla. Stir just until smooth, then pour into your prepared carton/pan to cool. Let cool completely before cutting, about 3 hours.