Smother your mashed potatoes, fried chicken, steak, and veggies with this ultimate comfort food recipe.
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of Whole milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Melt butter in a large frying pan set over medium heat. Sprinkle the flour over the butter and whisk to combine. Continue whisking clumps around for about 2 minutes to cook the flour. It should start to turn golden in color.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of milk into the pan and vigorously whisk into the flour/butter mixture, thinning out the clumps. Pour about half the milk into the pan and whisk until all ingredients are combines and gravy is smooth.
- Whisk the rest of the milk, the seasoned salt, and black and white pepper into the gravy. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Pour into a gravy boat or other serving container and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 6.4
- Sodium: 490
- Fat: 12.7
- Saturated Fat: 7.8
- Carbohydrates: 8.8
- Fiber: 0.3
- Protein: 4.5
- Cholesterol: 35
Keywords: Gravy. white gravy, country gravy, comfort food