Light and fluffy pumpkin muffins with a sweet cinnamon sugar snickerdoodle swirl.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon molasses
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Set your oven to heat to 325 degrees F. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Turn the machine off, and add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each egg is added, then beat in the pumpkin puree and set aside. Stir the milk and vinegar together in a cup and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Slowly beat in the flour mixture a little at a time, then beat in the milk mixture until smooth.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of batter out into a bowl, and mix it with the cinnamon and molasses until smooth. This batter will be your snickerdoodle swirl.
- Fill muffin tin cups 1/4 of the way full with pumpkin batter. With a teaspoon measuring spoon, drop small scoops of snickerdoodle batter into the center of each muffin. Fill muffin cups with more pumpkin batter until 3/4 full. Using a skewer or knife, swirl the snickerdoodle batter around in each cup using a number 8 motion, then swirl from top to bottom at an angle- about 5-7 swirling motions will do.
- Place in the oven and bake for 16-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center muffin. Remove and let cool for 20 minutes while you prepare the topping.
- For the topping: stir melted butter and maple syrup together. In a separate bowl, stir sugars and cinnamon together. When the muffins are cool, brush the tops of each with a generous amount of maple butter. Press the tops of each muffin into the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat and serve.