This easy 20-Minute Cheesy Chicken Soup comes together quickly thanks to leftover cooked chicken, frozen veggies, and Velveeta cheese. The perfect weeknight dinner that will warm you from the inside out. Even better when served with crusty bread.
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup (the standard 10 1/2 ounce size)
- 2 cups frozen pea and carrot mix
- 3 and 1/2 cups chicken broth (I make mine from handy bullion cubes)
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Place the chopped potato into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 4 minutes.
- While the potato cooks, combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen vegetables, and chicken broth in a large stovetop Dutch oven. Stir to combine, then stir in the potato when it’s finished softening in the microwave. Bring the soup to a boil, then cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until completely melted. Serve warm.