- 8 hard boiled eggs shelled and sliced thin
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 6–8 pieces of hearty bread, toasted
- In a 12 inch skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. When just melted, sprinkle flour over the top and whisk to combine. Continue to whisk the mixture for about 1 to 2 minutes until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit. Slowly add the milk, continuing to whisk vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Whisk in the ground thyme, white pepper and salt and bring to a gentle boil for about 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Off heat, gently stir in the sliced eggs. Spoon the creamed eggs onto pieces of toast and serve.