This fantastic ‘Fish on Friday’ recipe for Creamy Stuffed Fish Florentine feels decadent, yet is loaded with Omega-3’s protein and fiber, and is on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Support The Goldilocks Kitchen by simply giving this recipe a comment and star rating in the comments section below; your comments and ratings are greatly appreciated by me AND the Google algorithm. Thanks for your support!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2–3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 3 cups half and half
- 6 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced fresh thyme, or two teaspoons dried
- 1 tablespoon Weber Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning or your favorite fish seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (12-ounce) package of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 boneless, skinless fish fillets, such as Swai, Tilapia or Sole
- 16 Ritz crackers, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Set your oven to heat to 475 degrees, and spray a 13X9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the minced shallot and cook until softened and just beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for about a minute. Whisk the corn starch into the half and half, then pour into the saucepan and whisk in the thyme.
- Cook the sauce over medium high heat, stirring often, until it boils and thickens. Remove from heat and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the spinach and parmesan. Pour in one cup of the white sauce and stir to combine and melt the cheese.
- Lay out fish and pat dry with paper towels. season both sides of fish with salt and peper and Weber Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning. Place a large spoonful of spinach mixture into the center of each fish. Fold the ends of the fish over the stuffing starting with the thin end first.
- Place each fish bundle into the prepared baking dish, seam side down, leaving a little space between, and gently pour the rest of the white sauce over the fish to coat. Sprinkle with Ritz cracker bits on top and place in the oven. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the fish easily flakes with a fork, but is still juicy.
Any thin white fish can be used like Swai, Sole, or Tilapia. Simply adjust your cooking time according to the thickness of the fish~Sole or Swai will need 15-20 minutes, and a thinner fish like Tilapia will need around 12-15 minutes to be done. Also with thinner fish, using a little less stuffing is recommended and increase the serving size to two fish bundles instead of one.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 fish bundle
- Calories: 519
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 686 mg
- Fat: 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.6 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 90 mg