Shake up the boring routine and serve Baja Fish Tacos for taco Tuesday! Packed with nutrition and fresh ingredients, one bite will send your mouth on a culinary journey to Cabo San Lucas. You can feel good about eating these healthy tacos too.
- 1 pound of mild tasting white fish fillets, such as orange roughy
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 8 small flour tortillas (fajita size or smaller)
- 1/2 avocado sliced thin
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 –2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- chopped fresh cilantro to garnish (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Place fish in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet pans prayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle the fish with lime juice, paprika, salt, pepper and taco powder. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Set your oven to heat to 375 degrees F. Bake the fish for 10-15 minutes or until fish easily flakes apart and internal temp reaches 145 degrees F.
- Divide fish evenly between 8 soft tacos, and quickly dress your tacos with the avocado, salsa, cheese, and cabbage so you can serve while fish is still warm. You can also add some optional freshly chopped cilantro or hot sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 713 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.6 g
- Fiber: 8.4 g
- Protein: 16.7 g
- Cholesterol: 32 mg