When you have a glass of fresh sparkling strawberry lemonade in your hand, all’s right with the world. Made with fresh strawberries, lemons and your choice of sweetener. Ready in just 10 minutes.
- 1 lbs carton of fresh ripe strawberries
- 5 large lemons
- 1– 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 (1 Liter) bottles of club soda
- fresh mint sprigs or strawberry leaves to garnish
- Rinse strawberries thoroughly with water. Set two or three nice looking berries aside for a garnish if desired. Hull all the remaining strawberries (cut the greens off the top) and place them in a blender.
- Wash one lemon with hot soap and water. Slice the ends off, and thinly slice the rest of the lemon. Place two slices into the blender with the strawberries.
- Add 1 cup sugar to the blender, place the lid on, and puree mixture for about 30 seconds.
- Slice remaining lemons in half and juice them. You should have about 1 cup of fresh lemon juice. Discard the rinds.
- Set a fine-mesh strainer over a clean pitcher. Pour the strawberry puree through the strainer into the pitcher, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Empty the strainer and replace over the pitcher. Pour the lemon juice into the pitcher through the strainer as well. Remove the strainer.
- Gently pour both the club soda bottles into the pitcher and slowly stir in the remaining lemon slices. Taste and add more sugar/sweetener if desired. Serve over ice and garnish with sliced strawberries and mint as desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 27.3 g
- Sodium: 39 mg
- Carbohydrates: 28.3 g