These Easy Meatball Wellingtons are a great dinner idea for entertaining or for a large family dinner. They taste like homemade but in just half the time. Meatballs covered in mushroom and wrapped in puff pastry, then baked and served over marinara sauce.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounces of Baby Bella sliced mushrooms, minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 box frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets in one box), thawed
- 1 (Package of 8) Carando Mozarella Rustica Meatballs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of marinara sauce
- Set your oven to heat to 400 degrees F. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the butter to melt, then add the mushrooms, shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently until reduced in size and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
- Slice each puff pastry into 4 equal squares for a total of 8 squares. When the mushroom mixture (duxelles) is cooled enough to handle, press a thin layer over a raw meatball by hand and then place the duxelle covered meatball in the center of a puff pastry square. Repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- With clean hands, fold up the corners of each puff pastry square over the meatballs and twist/pinch together. Pinch and tuck the open seams together along the sides of each meatball to close. Place covered meatballs onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with non-stick parchment paper. (Or use a non-stick rimmed baking sheet.) Brush each lightly with beaten egg and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the pastries turn golden brown and the meatballs reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees. Remove and serve over a spoonfull of marinara sauce.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 505
- Sugar: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 787 mg
- Fat: 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 26.8 g
- Cholesterol: 63 mg