There’s nothing better than fresh pesto in your pasta, on your sandwich, in your salad. Basil and pine nuts blended with olive oil, Parmesan cheese and a little garlic.
- 3 garlic cloves, peels left on
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (no shells)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Place Garlic cloves in a skillet over medium heat. Stir often and toast until just starting to get brown in spots, about 5 minutes. Add the pine nuts and stir together with the garlic, just until they start to get golden brown 3 to 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor, toss in the basil leaves. Make sure they don’t have water on them. (Dry them well with paper towels if you have recently rinsed them in water.) Add the pine nuts, oil, and Parmesan cheese. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, peel it and toss it into the food processor as well.
- Process all ingredients well, stopping to scrape the bowl down as needed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes and serve. Pesto will keep in the fridge for about 5 days or freeze in ice cube tray.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: condiment
- Cuisine: italian