Featuring white chocolate mousse, fresh strawberries, blueberries and red velvet cake mix. A show stopping dessert to impress your guests at your next celebrate America party!
- 8 oz of white chocolate chips or white baking chocolate
- 2 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lb of fresh strawberries, sliced (save three whole as a garnish)
- 24 oz (1.5 lbs) of fresh blueberries
- Bake red velvet cake mix according to directions.
- While the cake is baking, place the white chocolate chips into a medium mixing bowl. Heat 1/2 cup of heavy cream in a small sauce pot over medium high heat stirring constantly until it reaches a simmer. Remove from heat and pour over the white chocolate chips. Stir gently until all the chips are melted and smooth. Place in the fridge to cool.
- Pour the remaining heavy cream into the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium for about 30 seconds then on high until soft peaks form. (Watch the mixer, this can go fast.)
- When the chocolate mixture is cooled, whisk in about 1/3 of the whip cream into the bowl with the white chocolate mixture. Gently pour this mixture into the bowl of remaining whip cream. With a large spatula, gently FOLD the chocolate mixture into the whip cream, by running your spatula along the sides of the bowl holding the bowl at an angle. If you mix to rough, the mousse will deflate.
- When the cake is cooled, slice into 1 and 1/2 inch squares. Line the bottom of a trifle bowl with two layers of cake squares and slices of strawberry. Press down gently to squish just a bit. Add a layer of chocolate mousse to cover the cake/strawberries and then a single layer of blueberries on the mousse. Repeat with a single layer of cake squares/strawberries, then mousse again and a final layer of blueberries with the whole strawberries in the center. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour to allow the mousse to set up. Serve.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American