- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 chicken or vegetable bullion cube
- 1 box of Farfalle pasta (bow tie pasta)
- 1 5oz. bag of dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 6 cups of chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 15 oz can mandarin orange slices
- 1 small bag of shredded cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 3/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- Fill a large pot with 8 cups (2 quarts) of water. Place chicken and bullion cube in and set to medium high heat. Boil for 10-50 minutes, or until temperature in the center of meat registers 165 degrees. Remove the chicken, but do not discard poaching liquid. Add another 8 cups of water to poaching liquid (pour into a larger pot if needed) and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the Farfalle pasta and boil for 11 minutes until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the almonds, lettuce, whole can of oranges, and entire package of cheese.
- Empty the bag of dried cranberries into a microwave safe container and add enough water to cover the fruit. Microwave for about 2 minutes to soften. Drain and add the cranberries to the large mixing bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients.
- With two forks, shred the chicken and add to the bowl. Add the pasta and salad dressing and toss to combine. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American