Hearty, satisfying breakfast porridge that will satisfy your hunger and give you great energy to start your day.
- 4 3/4 cups of Non-Dairy Coconut Beverage (or other coconut milk beverage, not coconut milk in a can)
- 1/4 cup quinoa grains
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 whole poached pears (or 4 half pears, one half pear per serving)
- Walnuts or blueberries for garnish
- Pour 4 cups of coconut milk into a large pot and set heat to medium high. Once boiling, stir in the oats. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium low and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- While the oats are simmering, Place quinoa and 3/4 coconut milk in a large microwave safe bowl. Cover with a vented lid or plate (steam must be able to escape) and microwave for 6 minutes. It will boil rapidly, watch carefully so it doesn’t boil over. Remove and stir. Reheat for about 2 minutes, covered, and let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- When both grains are cooked, stir them together in one pot. Slice pear halves into thin slices and place on top of the porridge in each bowl. Sweeten with honey if desired. Add walnuts or blueberries to garnish and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American