These little shimmery chocolates are a beautiful addition to any dessert. Just melt, mold, and paint.
- 1 bag of Wilton bright white candy melts
- 1 plastic candy mold
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or Crisco shortening (one per batch)
- 1 small bottle of Wilton Treatology Toasted Coconut Flavoring
- 1 container of luster dust
- oil-based food coloring (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, pour in one cup of candy melts, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or shortening, coconut extract and (if using) a few drops of food coloring. Microwave on MEDIUM OR HALF-POWER for 30 second shots, stirring each time until the chocolate is melted and coconut oil is fully incorporated. (If you wish to add more food coloring, mix it in now.)
- Place melted chocolate mixture into a squeeze bottle and screw on lid. Gently squeeze chocolate into each mold filling just to the top.
- Lift the mold about 2 inches from the tabletop and carefully let it fall. Do this several times to get all the bubbles out of the molds.
- Chill mold for at least 30 minutes, then turn it over and pop the chocolate candies out. You can repeat steps 1 thru 4 to create more candies.
- With a sanitized brush apply the luster dust to the chocolates by dabbing it on dry. Store the finished candies in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Serving Size: 1