Fresh, tart, chopped rhubarb is boiled in a sugar syrup with strawberry gelatin and a bit of cornstarch. Mix in sliced strawberries and pour into a prebaked pie shell. Chill and serve.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water plus additional 1/4 cup cold water, divided
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb
- 1 small package strawberry jell-o mix
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries hulled sliced (large ones quartered, small ones halved)
- 1 prebaked pie shell
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, 3/4 cup water and sliced rhubarb. Set to heat on medium high, stirring occasionally. In a separate small bowl, mix the cold 1/4 cup water and cornstarch. Set aside. Measure out three tablespoons of strawberry jell-o mix and set aside.
- When the sugar rhubarb mixture comes to a boil, stir in the jell-o and the water cornstarch mix. Boil for one minute, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the sliced strawberries and pour into the pie shell. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours. Slice and serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American