- 2 (2 Liter) bottles of your favorite lemon lime soda (I like sprite)
- 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 8 or 10 oz jar of maraschino cherries
- 1 fresh lime
- 4 cups crushed or cubed ice
- Combine pomegranate juice and sugar in a small saucepan set to medium high heat. Heat to boiling, and turn the heat down to medium to gently simmer for about 10 minutes, or until thickened and syrupy. Remove from heat. Place in a container, covered, and refrigerate for 15 minutes to cool the syrup.
- While the syrup is cooling, In a large punch bowl (or beverage dispenser) gently pour in the bottles of lemon lime soda. Slice the other lime pole to pole and slice each half thinly and stir into the soda. Stir in the entire jar of maraschino cherries (including juice) and grenadine syrup when cooled. Add crushed ice and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: American