Old-Fashioned Cherry Limeade is one of the best summertime family friendly drinks.
Try cooling off this summer with a refreshing, ice cold, Old-Fashioned Cherry Limeade in your hand! As fun as it is to stop by Sonic during happy hour and order yourself a Cherry Limeade, why not make a big batch and enjoy it with friends in the comfort of your own home?
Did I mention my kids are borderline obsessed with lemonade stands? They had one last week and earned more than $25! (Which I thought was pretty good for being 19 months, 6 and 8 years old.) So what’s next for my little lemonade entrepreneurs? The ‘Cherry Limeade’ stand of course :0)
Get your kids involved in this fun, easy recipe.
There are many recipes floating around out there on the internet for Cherry Limeade. The most authentic and traditional recipe is made with grenadine syrup. You can purchase grenadine in just about any grocery store, usually somewhere around the liquor aisle. We’re all about family friendly drinks here at my house. Or grenadine syrup is easily made at home and only needs two ingredients: Sugar and pomegranate juice.
Make sure to use 100% pomegranate juice with no added sweeteners. Mix it with granulated sugar, boil it down to the right consistency, and bottle it up. When you’re ready to assemble, combine it with your favorite lemon lime soda, a bottle of maraschino cherries and a sliced up lime. Stand back and admire your Old-Fashioned Cherry Limeade. So pretty!
I hope more happy memories will be made as you sip and enjoy this Old-Fashioned Cherry Limeade. I love to see your comments below or tag me on instagram @The_Goldilocks_Kitchen when you share a pic of my recipes. I love to see them!Print
Old-Fashioned Cherry Limeade
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 2 (2 Liter) bottles of your favorite lemon lime soda (I like sprite)
- 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 8 or 10 oz jar of maraschino cherries
- 1 fresh lime
- 4 cups crushed or cubed ice
- Combine pomegranate juice and sugar in a small saucepan set to medium high heat. Heat to boiling, and turn the heat down to medium to gently simmer for about 10 minutes, or until thickened and syrupy. Remove from heat. Place in a container, covered, and refrigerate for 15 minutes to cool the syrup.
- While the syrup is cooling, In a large punch bowl (or beverage dispenser) gently pour in the bottles of lemon lime soda. Slice the other lime pole to pole and slice each half thinly and stir into the soda. Stir in the entire jar of maraschino cherries (including juice) and grenadine syrup when cooled. Add crushed ice and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: American
Looks so refreshing. I have always liked cherry and lime together. Pinned.