25 Minute Pasta Bolognese Dinner is the weekday solution you need to help you spend more time with your family around the dinner table and less time in the kitchen.
- One package of Linguine or your choice pasta
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped fine
- 1 large carrot (or 2 small), peeled and chopped fine (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 Mild or Sweet Italian Sausage link, casing removed
- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (about half a 28 oz jar)
- Fill a large stock pot or dutch oven with several quarts of water (enough to cook your pasta), cover and set to boil on high heat. When it reaches a full boil, add 2 tablespoons salt and pasta to water. Stir immediately and then cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, while waiting for the pasta water to boil, add bacon to a large pan set over medium high heat. Cook Bacon for about 3 minutes, then add in the carrot and other meats. Cook, stirring often and breaking up ground meats, until ground meats are cooked through and no longer pink.
- Stir in the marinara sauce into the meat mixture and heat through.
- Your pasta should be done around this time, drain, saving some pasta water in a separate container.
- Serve the Bolognese sauce over the pasta and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. If the pasta begins to stick, add some of the reserved water and toss to loosen.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian