Fresh cheese stuffed pasta and Italian sausage combined with a creamy sauce that’s ready in about 20 minutes. Italian cooking doesn’t get any better than this!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (not evoo)
- 6 oz. Kroger Sweet Italian Sausages (about 3), cut into 1″ pieces
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 9 oz. package of stuffed fresh tortellini (or frozen if you can’t find fresh)
- ½ cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 oz. gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (or substitute with your favorite Italian cheese)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves, loosely packed or 1 Tbsp. dried
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fill a 4 quart pot or dutch oven with 3 quarts of water. Set to boil and cover with a lid. When water comes to a boil, add 1 Tbsp. salt and tortellini. Follow package directions on cooking times and boil uncovered until desired doneness.
- While waiting for the pasta water to boil, set a large pan over medium high heat and add olive oil and sausage pieces. Cook until no longer pink, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Leaving the sausage in the pan, slowly pour in the chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Stir in the cream, cheese and oregano. Cook until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to the sausage cream sauce. Toss to coat. Serve with fresh grated parmesan on top.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian