Want to feel like you’re in Paris but can’t make the trip? Just take a bite of these cute, little chocolate pastries and you’re almost there. A beautifully simple and delicious recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 cup flour
- 8 tbsp salted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Hershey’s or Trader Joe’s chocolate bars
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- 3 tbsp turbinado or dusting sugar
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until it is light and fluffy – about 5 minutes. Add the vanilla and mix in. Last, slowly add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Wrap the dough and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour – but can be as long as overnight
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Break chocolate bars along their seams. You should get 4 pieces with 3 sections each.
- Meanwhile, roll the dough out into a large rectangle – it should be about 20-inches by 8-inches. Cut the dough into approximately 4-inch by 2-inch rectangles. You should end up with about 20 rectangles. Place a chocolate piece in the center of each rectangle and fold it around the chocolate. Then place on the baking sheet.
- Brush each cookie with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. Let cool on wire rack.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 2 cookies