This omelet is loaded with flavor and protein and light on calories.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons chopped broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped or grated carrot
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs Dash Seasoning
- 1 wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fat-free refried beans
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add in olive oil and swirl to cover the bottom. Saute the broccoli, onion and carrot for about 2-3 minutes until soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk the eggs until combined. When veggies are soft, pour in the egg to spread evenly over the bottom of the pan. Season with Mrs Dash. Turn the heat to low and cover for about 1-2 minutes until the eggs are almost set.
- Crumble the cheese and refried beans in little clumps over the omelet. Fold the omelet in half and let it cook over low heat for about 2 minutes. Serve.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 omelet