This recipe will turn out perfect and delicious chocolate bundt cakes every time. Rich chocolate raspberry flavor paired with a beautiful presentation is the perfect combo for a truly great cake.
- 3/4 cup Ghiradelli or other high quality cocoa + 1 tablespoon for dusting pan
- 13 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 ounces of bittersweet baking chocolate broken or chopped
- 1 tablespoon Torani Raspberry syrup, room temperature
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 and 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 can raspberry pie filling
- Mix one tablespoon of cocoa powder with one tablespoon of melted butter until it forms a paste. Paint this paste onto the inside of a clean bundt pan with a pastry brush, ensuring that all surfaces are covered, all the way up to the top. Set pan aside.
- Move an oven rack to the lower middle position and set your oven to heat to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the cocoa, chocolate and boiling water until smooth. Set aside to cool. Whisk the flour, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- When the chocolate has cooled, stir in sour cream and raspberry syrup until smooth.
- Beat the remaining 12 tablespoons room temperature butter, brown sugar and vanilla until fluffy and light, scraping down the bowl half way through.
- Add eggs, one at a time, while beating, and let each mix for a few seconds before adding another one. Scrape the bowl and beat for an additional minute to ensure even distribution.
- Add half the chocolate mixture and half the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture in the bowl. Beat until combined. Add the remaining half of the chocolate and flour and beat until combined, stopping to scrape the bowl and beat for another 30 seconds until fully combined.
- Carefully fill the bundt pan with batter by pouring strait into the bottom most part of the pan, working your way around the center. Try not to let it drizzle down the sides, this could remove the thin layer of cake release and the cake may stick. Gently smooth out the top with a small spoon, and place the cake in the oven. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a knife or skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for about 25 minutes on a cooling rack. Place a cake stand or cardboard base on top of the pan and invert. Slowly lift the pan, the cake should release. Let it cool 1 hour before serving.
- While the cake cools, whip the heavy cream and sugar to soft peak stage and store in the fridge. Just before serving, warm the raspberry pie filling in the microwave for about a minute and stir. Serve individual slices with a spoonful of raspberry filling and a dollop of whipped cream.
Nutritional information includes approximately one spoonful of whipped cream and one spoonful of raspberry pie filling per serving.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Bundt
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 375
- Sugar: 30.2 g
- Sodium: 319 mg
- Fat: 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.2 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 113 mg