A hearty make-ahead breakfast featuring the amazing flavor of roasted green chile. Simply called “Chile Cubes”, pair a cube with a bran muffin or oatmeal for a high protein/fiber breakfast to begin your day right!
- 1/2 pound of Jimmy Dean Ground Pork Sausage
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces of grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces of grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 7 ounces of roasted chopped green chiles
- Set your oven to heat to 350 degrees F and an oven rack to middle position. Spray a casserole dish lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain excess oil.
- While the sausage browns, lightly whisk milk,eggs, salt and pepper together in a medium size mixing bowl or large measuring cup until all yolks are broken.
- Combine the Monterey Jack cheese, half the sharp Cheddar cheese, and the chopped chiles in a large mixing bowl. When the sausage is cooked and drained, add it to the cheese and chiles.
- Pour in the egg mixture and gently stir all ingredients to combine. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish and sprinkle remaining sharp Cheddar cheese over the top. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the center is set and doesn’t wiggle. Let cool for 5 minutes and cut into cubes and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 hours
- Cook Time: 35 hours
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cube
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 546 mg
- Fat: 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.2 g
- Protein: 19.8 g
- Cholesterol: 203 mg