Delicious cute little packets of nutrition, homemade Sweet Potato Tots are a fun way to get your kids involved in eating healthy. (Plus grown ups love them too!)
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2 inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced
- additional sea salt
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining it with foil and spraying it generously with cooking spray. Set baking sheet aside. Place potato chunks in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then turn the heat to medium high and boil for 10 minutes. Drain water.
- Set your oven to heat to 400 degrees F. Finely grate potato chunks with a box grater or a food processor. Place grated sweet potato in a large bowl and add the cinnamon, sugar, salt and mustard powder. Stir thoroughly. Roll and shape 1 inch tater tots by hand and place them on the prepared baking sheet (this is a great time to ask for little helpers to come over) with a little space between each one. When baking sheet is full, place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring/flipping every 10 minutes. Remove and cool. Repeat with any remaining grated sweet potato.
- Sprinkle freshly baked tots with sea salt and minced rosemary. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes