This delicious 30 Minute Mexican Lasagna dinner is fun and easy to make! Layers of ground beef, refried beans, tortillas, salsa, taco seasoning, and Mexican cheese blend; smothered with sliced olives, cilantro, sour cream and fresh guacamole.
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (or one packet) of taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of corn & black bean tomato salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile
- 8 small (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- 12 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced olives
- fresh cilantro, sour cream, guacamole garnish (all optional)
- Move an oven rack to middle position, heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. While the ground beef is cooking, mix the taco seasoning and water together and microwave until boiling, about 2 minutes. Remove from microwave, stir, and pour half the taco sauce mixture into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish to coat the bottom.
- Place a single layer of tortillas in the bottom of the casserole dish, over the taco sauce, tearing the tortillas if necessary to help them fit. When the ground beef is completely browned, stir in the entire jar of salsa and can of green chiles and set aside.
- Spread the entire can of refried beans on top of the tortillas, then spread half the ground beef mixture over the refried beans. Top with another layer of tortillas, the rest of the taco sauce, then half the shredded cheese. Continue with another layer of beef mixture (using it up), tortillas and cheese. Sprinkle the top with olives and place in the oven for 15 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese. Slice and serve with garnishes if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican American
- Serving Size: 112
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 1614 mg
- Fat: 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.9 g
- Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 24.8 g
- Cholesterol: 67 mg