Grilled Chicken Tacos with Green Chile Cream Sauce are just what you need to throw a great party! Made with ready to eat grilled Tyson chicken, freshly cooked TortillaLand flour tortillas, seasoned roasted squash, black beans, queso fresco and shredded cabbage; smothered in spicy roasted green chile cream sauce.
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Tajin Mexican seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (4 oz.) can of chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bullion powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 package of Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 5 TortillaLand® Tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Set your oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the squash, onion, vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon of Mexican seasoning together in a bowl. Spread into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Empty into a bowl and stir in the black beans. Cover with foil and set aside.
- While the squash is roasting, place the heavy cream, green chiles, water, chicken bullion and a pinch of salt in a blender. Puree for 30 seconds, empty sauce into a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl and microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Place Tyson fully cooked chicken strips into a large 12 inch non-stick skillet set over medium heat, and sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of Tajin Mexican seasoning. Cook, stirring often, until heated through and beginning to brown, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from skillet and cover with foil. Cook the TortillaLand tortillas one at a time in the same skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds on each side, or until spotty browned and puffy.
- Build tacos by filling individual tortillas with chicken, bean/squash mix, green chile cream sauce, shredded cabbage and sprinkling queso fresco over the top. Serve warm.
I have written this recipe so that it can easily be doubled if you’d like to use the entire bag of Tyson chicken and all the TortillaLand tortillas.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican American
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 558
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 2019 mg
- Fat: 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 55.1 g
- Cholesterol: 197 mg