Seasoned salmon fillets are gently simmered (poached to be exact) in a jar of your favorite Salsa (mine is Papa’s homemade Salsa from The Hatch Chile Store). Then salmon is served with freshly chopped mango and salsa from the pan. Simple yet fabulous!
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of Papa’s Homemade Salsa
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds skin-on Salmon fillets (4 fillets)
- 1 and 1/2 cups diced fresh mango
- Set a 12-inch, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the entire jar of salsa, plus 3/4 cup of water. Bring to a simmer.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Nestle salmon fillets skin side down into the salsa and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes. Flip salmon over and cook, covered, for an additional 5 minutes or until flaky. Remove salmon to a plate and cover with foil.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring the salsa mixture to boil. Cook, stirring often, until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To serve: Place a salmon fillet over a bed of mango and spoon salsa over the top of the fillet. Serve with a side of roasted vegetables.