Have a great start to your day with warm Soft tacos filled with delicate scrambled eggs, savory pork sausage, red chile pepper sauce and a splash of freshly squeezed lime juice. Cook the ingredients the night before, assemble tacos in the morning, and throw them in the microwave for just 15 seconds for a delicious on-the-go breakfast.
- 1/2 pound pork sausage (or 5 slices of bacon, diced)
- 7 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 6 flour tortillas, fajita or soft taco size
- 1 fresh lime, sliced into six wedges
- 1/2 cup Red Chile Sauce
- fresh cilantro (optional) to garnish
- Place ground sausage in a skillet set over medium-high heat and break it apart as it cooks.
- While the sausage is cooking, add 6 eggs and one egg yolk to another mixing bowl. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and vigorously mix with a fork or whisk until uniform.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When it is warm, add the butter. Swirl the melted butter around the pan. Pour in the eggs and stir quickly with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, scraping the bottom often, until eggs are just set but still moist, about 2 – 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Dampen about 4 paper towels and layer individual tortillas between paper towels on a plate. Microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm the tortillas.
- When the sausage contains no pink spots and has many dark speckles, remove from heat. Assemble tacos by filling each with a portion of scrambled egg, sausage, red chile sauce, and minced cilantro (if using.) Serve warm with a lime wedge to spritz each taco.
Bacon can easily be substituted here in place of the sausage. You can customize these tacos to your heart’s content with anything you like really; green chile sauce, chorizo sausage, pulled pork, or cheese are just a few suggestions :0)