Simply add a jar of your favorite salsa, some canned black beans, a few frozen chicken breasts, and some dollops of cream cheese to the instant pot. Cook, shred, stir in sour cream, and serve. Eat it on it’s own or use as a filling for quesadillas, taquitos, sopapillas, burritos, enchiladas and so much more!
- 1 16–ounce jar of The Fresh Chile Company’s Papa’s Salsa (or your favorite salsa)
- 1/3 cup black beans
- 1/3 cup corn
- 2 ounces of cream cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 2–3 frozen chicken breasts (for fresh see notes)
- salt and pepper (or your prefered chicken seasoning)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- optional: freshly chopped cilantro
- Empty the entire jar of salsa into the bottom of the instant pot. Add the black beans and corn. Place pieces of cream cheese over the top, then place the chicken breast on top. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste, or season with your favorite chicken seasoning.
- Close the lid and set the Instant pot to pressure cook on high for 25 minutes for large chicken breast (12-16 oz) or 17 minutes for medium size chicken breasts (9-12 oz). Allow the instant pot to release pressure naturally for 15 minutes, then open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Shred the chicken and stir in the sour cream. Sprinkle with cilantro if using. Serve.
If you want to use fresh chicken breast meat, tap the meat/stew button on your Instant pot and set to cook for 20 minutes. It should be extremely easy to shred and very moist.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Southwestern American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Keywords: Instant Pot, Instant Pot Chicken, Salsa, weeknight dinner