A fun way to enjoy summer zucchini!
- 1 pound Zucchini (about 2 medium) trimmed, halved and seeds scooped out
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 2 cups)
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or dried dill
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced or pressed (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Adjust your oven rack to the middle position and set the oven to 200 degrees. Shred the zucchini on a box grater or with a food processor (that has a shredding disk attachment). Dump it out onto a dish towel, wrap it up and wring out the juice as tightly as you can.
- Combine the dried zucchini, feta, scallions, dill, eggs, garlic, and pepper into a bowl. Then sprinkle the flour over it and stir it in.
- In a 12-inch NONSTICK skillet heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop 2 tablespoon sized portions into the oil, flattening out the mound with the back of your spoon or scoop. Your fritters should be approx 2 to 3 inches wide. You should be able to fit 6 fritters in your pan all at the same time. Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2 or 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the fritters carefully with a spatula and place them on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Put the baking sheet in the pre-heated oven to keep the fritters warm while you cook the second batch. Wipe out the skillet with a large wad of paper towels. Re-heat 3 more tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat and fry the second batch of zucchini fritters. Serve warm with optional lemon wedges.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern