Simple, easy, delicious and fun, Coconut-Lime Snowballs are bathed in a cream cheese glaze infused with fresh lime juice and rolled in sweetened coconut that has been refined a bit in a food processor.
- 1 recipe for Ultimate Butter Cookie dough with 1 teaspoon grated lime zest added with dry ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon room temperature cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Set oven to heat to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into teaspoon size balls (about 1 inch) and place on the baking sheet leaving about an inch of space surrounding each.
- Bake one batch at a time until light golden, about 12 minutes, and cool on a wire rack.
- Dip the cookies into the glaze (letting excess drip back into the bowl) and then roll in the coconut. Set them on a parchment sheet to dry and set (about 30 mins)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cookies