Sweet savory glaze caramelizes on the salmon and veggie skewers. A quick run under the broiler and this dinner is ready.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 dashes of liquid smoke
- salt and pepper
- 4 salmon fillets at least one inch thick in the middle
- vegetables of your choice (like sweet peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, red onion, etc.)
- Place wooden skewers in a clean sink with about 3 inches of water to soak. Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, oil, garlic, dill and liquid smoke in a mixing bowl. In a separate small bowl, set aside about 3 tablespoons of glaze for later.
- Line the inside bottom of a broiler pan with foil. Spray the top slotted portion with vegetable oil spray. Place an oven rack 6 inches below the broiler. Set your broiler to heat on high.
- Slice veggies thin and place on skewers that have been soaked in water for at least 15 minutes. Brush the brown sugar mustard glaze on the skewers, turning over to coat both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set on the broiler pan, leaving room for the salmon.
- Pat salmon steaks dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the broiler pan skin side down. Brush tops and sides with glaze. Place the broiler pan in the oven and set the timer for 6 minutes. When time is up, open the oven and carefully flip over the veggie skewers. Brush the fish with more glaze and place back in the oven. Broil for another 6 to 8 minutes, or until fish is opaque in the middle. Plate the salmon and veggies and drizzle the extra glaze you set aside earlier over the food. Serve and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American