Reap the benefits of adding more turmeric to your diet with Healing Chocolate Orange Cookies. These cookies are not only good for your heart, but also your soul.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-Processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric powder
- 16 oz semi-sweet baker’s chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Orange Extract
- zest from 1 large orange
- 10 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 11 oz orange chocolate chopped
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and turmeric in a medium bowl and whisk lightly to combine.
- Melt the chocolate in a medium microwave safe mixing bowl on half power for 2 or 3 minutes or until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk eggs.
- Beat the butter and orange extract in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer until smooth. Beat in the sugars and then slowly add the egg mixture. With the mixer running, drizzle in the melted chocolate. Stop to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and beat again for a few seconds.
- With the mixer running, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Scrape down the bowl.
- Mix in the chopped orange chocolate. Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and wait 30 mins for the dough to thicken.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop out evenly and roll into balls with hands. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are set but the middle will still be soft. Let cool for 10 minutes on cookie sheet then move to a cooling rack and let cool to room temperature.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cuisine: dessert