Easy caramel Apples are a cinch to make, thanks to microwave caramel. No more stirring over a hot oven! Make them today as little gifts for family and friends to celebrate autumn harvest.
- 10 granny smith or honeycrisp apples, scrubbed clean
- Caramel apple sticks or popsicle sticks (preferably sharp on one end)
- 1 premade batch of Easy Microwave Caramel
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (20-ounce) bags of white chocolate melting wafers
- parchment paper
- small mallet or hammer
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Place apples, a few at a time, in the water for 1-2 minutes, then remove and cool. Gently hammer the sticks into the top next to the stem of the apple. Line the bottom of a sheet pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Prepare the Easy Microwave Caramel.
- Gently coat each apple in hot caramel by holding it at about a 45 degree angle and rolling it in the caramel, leaving a small amount of apple showing at the top. Let the excess drizzle off, then scrape the bottom of the apple against the side of the bowl to remove excess caramel from the bottom. Set onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper to cool. Repeat with the remaining apples.
- Once finished with all the apples, chill them in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes. While the apples chill, mix together the cinnamon and sugar and place into an empty mesh shaker (Or a clean empty salt shaker.) Place chocolate wafers in a microwave safe four-cup measuring cup and melt on 1/2 power for about 2-3 minutes until very runny, stirring every minute to ensure the chocolate doesn’t scorch.
- Working quickly, dip and twirl the caramel apples into the hot chocolate one at a time, again letting excess chocolate drip off and gentlyscraping the bottom against the edge of the bowl to remove chocolate from the bottom. Before setting the freshly dipped apple down, shake cinnamon sugar mixture over the entire surface of the apple. Place back onto the parchment to cool and set.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American