Deliciously seasoned chicken wings baked to crispy perfection, then tossed in deep red Sweet and Spicy Hatch Chile BBQ Sauce. Cool the kick with the included creamy Ranch cilantro-lime dipping sauce recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 30 chicken wings, or drumettes
- 1 cup Sweet and Spicy Hatch Chile BBQ Sauce Medium heat
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons powdered dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set your oven to heat to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Toss wings in the flour mixture to thoroughly coat all sides. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until crispy and a very light golden color, flipping the wings over half-way through the baking time.
- Remove the wings and set your oven to 500°F. Place cooked wings in a large mixing bowl and pour Sweet and Spicy Hatch Chile BBQ Sauce over the wings. Toss to coat, then replace on the baking sheet. Bake wings for another 8 minutes. Remove and serve warm with cool creamy dipping sauce.
- Combine All ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes and serve with wings.
If using whole wings, separate all three parts at the joints and discard the wing tips. If using frozen wings, they must be fully thawed before beginning the recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: New Mexican
Keywords: Wings, Hot Wings, Barbecue, Red Chile Sauce, Red Chile, Spicy, Spicy Wings, Game Day, Chicken Wings, Baked Chicken Wings