These tasty sweet Jelly Center Butter cookies are the perfect addition for setting the mood on a cold winter’s night while you sip your favorite hot beverage by the fire. You’ll enjoy making these little sweets because you can personalize them by using any fruit preserve you wish in the middle.
I had apple butter in my fridge (which was left over from another recipe) and lots of peach jam that I canned last summer. I was super excited to see how these would turn out. Deliciously sweet and tasty (especially with my cup of hot tea), the preserves I used were amazing in these cookies! I also made some with store bought raspberry jam to add even more variety :0)
With a cute Jelly center scalloped cookie cutter set these cookies will be a beautiful addition to your Christmas cookie collection. I was lacking said cookie cutter set, so I improvised and used a small lid, and to cut the center I used the middle of a doughnut cutter I happen to have. They turned out just right thanks to the Ultimate Butter Cookie recipe I used, and made a yummy addition to my cookie plates this year!
Jelly Center Butter Cookies
- Total Time: 48 minutes
- Yield: 30 1x
These tasty sweet cookies are the perfect addition for setting the mood on a cold winter’s night while you sip coffee or hot chocolate by the fire.
- 1 recipe for Ultimate Butter Cookies dough prepared through step 3
- 2 tablespoons of Turbinado or any decorating sugar with large crystals
- 1 1/4 cups jam or preserves, strained and simmered for about 6 to 8 minutes to thicken then cooled to room temperature
- After you have rolled out one half of the cookie dough recipe, cut out cookies with a round cookie cutter approximately 2 inches in diameter. Bake on the middle rack at 375 degrees using a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Roll out the second half of the cookie dough and sprinkle the whole thing with the Turbinado sugar. Cut the dough with the same 2 inch diameter cookie cutter, then cut out the middle of those cut outs approximately 1/2 to 3/4 inches in diameter. Bake until golden at edges, about 8 minutes.
- Spread approximately 1 teaspoon of jam on cooled solid cookies. Place one cut out ‘ring’ cookie on top and gently press to stick. Let them stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes to set.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Holiday
- Serving Size: 2 cookies