Power Through Your Day with Chocolate Mint Energy Bites
These adorable little Chocolate Mint Energy Bites are a really fun way to introduce healthier snacks into your daily routine. Made with all natural raw ingredients and no refined sugars (except for a little in the chocolate chips) they are healthy, fun and yummy way to power through your day!
How to Make Energy Bites
There are about a million and one recipes for energy bites out there, and a large majority use dates as a main ingredient. I’m not talking about, ‘Hey baby, you and I should get-together…’ kinda dates, I’m talking about the ‘little fruits that grow way up on palm trees in the middle east’, kinda dates. Make learning about new fresh fruits and veggies a fun adventure; maybe you could even bring a date to buy some dates hahaha!
You’ll also need a good quality food processor to make Chocolate Mint Energy Bites. I use a , and I love it. Place pitted dates, slivered almonds, and cocoa powder in your food processor and process them really, really well until all you see are tiny bits. Then add a few tablespoons of water and a little mint extract and process again. The mixture turns into a sort of ‘dough’ that you can now roll into energy bites!
Before we get rollin however, lets mix in some mini-chocolate chippies for even more chocolate taste (you can never have too much of that)! Do this by hand with a wooden spoon. If we added them into the food processor, they’d just get pulverized in there.
Now your Chocolate Mint Energy Bites ‘dough’ is ready to be rolled into bite size balls and coated with coconut flour to keep the stickiness away and make them easily snack-able.
Dates have a great natural sweetness that binds all the other ingredients together. Powdering the Chocolate Mint Energy Bites with coconut flour gives another fun flavor to add to the mix, and enables us to avoid using powdered sugar instead.
That’s it! You’ve gotta give these cute little Chocolate Mint Energy Bites a try. There’s three to a serving, and only 183 calories with 4 grams of fiber and over three grams of protein. Guilt free snacking, uh, yes please!!Print
Chocolate Mint Energy Bites
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 30-35 balls 1x
These cute little healthy snacks are packed with flavor and will help you power through your day!
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (8-ounce) bag pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 2–3 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut flower
- Place the almonds, dates and cocoa powder in a food processor. Process until very fine, about a minute. Add 3 tablespoons water and mint extract and process until the mixture clumps together into a ball, about 10-15 seconds. If it does not come together, add another tablespoon of water and process again.
- Place the contents into a medium mixing bowl. Add in the chocolate chips and work into the mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Roll small balls about 3/4 inch in diameter with your hands, then roll each ball in the coconut flour and tap to remove the excess. Energy bites can be eaten right away or stored in the fridge for up to a week in zippered bags.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Serving Size: 3 energy bites
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 18.5 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.1 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3.4 g