This post has been sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All thoughts and opinions are my own :0)
Fudgy Mint Brownies Are Made With Love.
I don’t know about you, but I love, LOVE receiving adorable baked goodies from folks who were sweet enough to think of sharing with me. It just gives me the warm fuzzies all over! Whether you’ve been on the receiving end or not, why not share some kindness in return and bake a sweet treat for someone who may need some extra cheering up? This holiday season, Bob’s Red Mill wants to turn Thanksgiving into #Bakesgiving! Let’s not forget this time of year can be especially difficult for those suffering from depression, mental illness, or are grieving the loss of a loved one.
Gifting to others is extremely good for the soul. I don’t need science to tell me that, although there are some great studies out there confirming this universal truth. Bob’s Red Mill wants to make the world a better place by encouraging home bakers everywhere to give/share high quality goodies baked with love. And to help out, they’ve even given you access to a special coupon, so make sure to cash in on your discount and give someone the gift of a sweet treat and the warm fuzzies!
Fudgy Mint Brownies Make an Excellent Gift.
What’s not to love about deep, rich chocolate brownies highlighted with the bright notes of winter mint? Especially when they’re topped with two layers of decadent chocolate ganache? I used quite a bit of chocolate in this recipe to get an extra deep chocolate flavor in these brownies. The ganache topping is very easy to make and is so pretty! I just poured a layer of semisweet chocolate ganache (simply made by melting chocolate chips and heavy cream together) over the brownies and drizzled over that a layer of white mint chocolate ganache. Pulling a toothpick through the layers makes a pretty chevron type pattern that puts these brownies over the top!
Bake With Love By Using Bob’s Red Mill High Quality Products.
I’ll be using Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Organic Flour in much of my baking for the holidays. It’s a great flour that is excellent in pretty much any recipe, and it makes me feel good to use all natural products, especially when I’ll be gifting them. I also keep a bag of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour in my pantry for friends/family who are sensitive to gluten. Bob’s makes it so easy to be considerate and create baked goods that everyone can eat. I love using their high quality products!
This batch of Fudgy Mint Brownies I boxed up and gifted to a friend of mine who I’ve been thinking about a lot lately. She’s having a really tough time right now with some things that I can absolutely relate to. I’ve had some amazing people care about me when life got tough, and it’s truly a joy to be able to pay it forward!
Sending a recipe card with your treat is another little way of saying you care. That way they can make more any time they like! Maybe even make a batch for someone who they know could use a little pick me up too.
Made with Love, Baked with Bob’s; these Fudgy Mint Brownies are a lovely way to show someone your #Bakesgiving love this holiday season. I firmly belief what you give out to the world will return to you ;0) so let’s give some kindness!
Just a reminder, this post has been sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Fudgy Mint Brownies
- 1 stick butter, chunked
- 5 ounces semisweet (bittersweet) chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Flour
For the topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips or melting wafers
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring (optional)
- Set oven to 350 and line a brownie pan with foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray and set pan aside.
- Melt butter, semisweet and unsweetened chocolate in a microwave on half power, 60-90 seconds, or until smooth when stirred. Whisk the eggs, sugar, salt and mint extract together. Whisk in the melted chocolate. Stir in the flour and pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes and let brownies cool about an hour.
For the topping
- Melt semisweet chips and 3/4 heavy cream in the microwave on half power, about 60-90 seconds, until smooth when stirred. Pour onto brownies and smooth to an even layer.
- In a second bowl, melt the white chocolate chips and 1/4 cup heavy cream in microwave on half power until smooth when stirred. Stir in mint extract and a drop of food coloring. Drizzle onto brownies in straight stripes. Pull a toothpick through both layers of chocolate perpendicular to the mint stripes. Chill for 1 hour, cut into small squares and serve.