The Hatch Chile Store has kindly supported this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own (and highly persuasive). This post also contains Amazon affiliate links in which I earn a small commission for any sales. Thanks for your support!
THE cheesy dip for your next New Year’s Eve party
This super addictive, delicious, savory, cheesy dip will be loved by all- especially when you tell your guests that it’s a ‘skinny dip’ haha! But in all seriousness, this recipe is extra enjoyable knowing that it’s qite a bit lower in calories than many other party dips gracing tables on special occasions.
Plus you’re eating green chile peppers- which are quite healthy- along with chicken breast which is a great source of lean protein.
There is a lot less cheese in this dip than you might think- and all dairy ingredients used in this recipe are low-fat, part-skim or nonfat, such as plain nonfat greek yogurt. Yes there’s yogurt in here too, so you get the health benefits from that as well.
How to make Skinny Hatch Green Chile Chicken Dip
You are gonna love how simple this is!
Combine Hatch green chile sauce, more diced Hatch chiles, nonfat greek yogurt, low-fat cream cheese, green chile powder, cumin, salt, some shredded mozzarella, Monterrey Jack cheese, and cooked shredded chicken breast in a stand mixer until no large chunks of cream cheese remain, about 3-5 minutes.
Pour into a baking dish and top with the rest of the cheese. Bake until bubbly. Phenomenal taste and phenomenally easy! Everybody will love this dip!
What are Hatch Chile Peppers?
Hatch Chile peppers are world famous for their delicious flavors, produced by the unique climate and soil composition that exists only in the Hatch Valley of Southern New Mexico. These factors combine to grow exceptional-tasting chile peppers with smoky, sweet, and hot flavor notes. More people discover Hatch Chiles each year, and their popularity continues to grow.
Growing up in New Mexico where chile peppers are an integral part of the culture, I know that Hatch chiles have earned a reputation for being the best of the best. I personally only use authentic Hatch in all my cooking because it simply tastes amazing. You should be able to find canned Hatch chile in any supermarket these days, or you can order it directly like I do. Frozen chile is much, much better tasting than canned!
The Hatch Chile Store is the premiere website for ordering your Hatch chile– they are incredibly good at shipping fresh authentic chile right to your door, whatever variety and hotness lever you prefer. It’s where I get all my Hatch Chile, and I must say the flavor really does stand out above any other chile pepper variety.
Head on over now to The Hatch Chile Store to stock up on the most delicious Hatch chile you can buy anywhere- they’ve always got great deals on your favorite products!
Did you know I have a full-color cookbook with lots more easy and delicious New Mexican recipes? You can learn more about it here!Print
Skinny Hatch Green Chile Chicken Dip
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8–10 servings 1x
This dip is absolutely packed full of the savory flavors of Hatch green chile, paired with seasoned chicken breast and ooey gooey melty cheese. Indulge without guilt- it’s only 180 calories per 1/2 cup serving!
- 1 cup prepared green chile sauce
- 4 ounces roasted, peeled & chopped Hatch green chile
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces low-fat room temperature cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons green chile powder (or 1 teaspoon red chile powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
- Set your oven to heat to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1 and 1/2 quart baking dish or larger with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment: add in the green chile sauce, chopped Hatch green chile, yogurt, cream cheese, cumin, chile powder, salt, shredded chicken, half the mozzarella cheese, and half the Monterrey Jack cheese. Mix until combined and no large chunks of cream cheese remain, about 3-5 minutes. (Alternatively, combine in a large bowl by hand with a wooden spoon.)
- Empty chicken dip mixture into your prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheeses evenly over the top and bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, bubbly on the edges and slightly golden brown. Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving with tortilla chips (blue corn is fantastic with this recipe) or pita bread.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: New Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 180
Keywords: Hatch chile, chip dip, dip, cheesy, comfort food, Green chile sauce