Real Hot Chocolate Really Fast is a Must-Try in the Winter Months
Real Hot Chocolate Really Fast isn’t the powdered stuff that comes in individual bags. Authentic HC is made by melting chocolate and heavy cream together on the stovetop, stirring the mixture constantly so it won’t scorch. Thick, creamy rich hot chocolate is the good stuff. With this hack, you can have a cup of the good stuff to warm your toesies in just a couple of minutes!
It is so crazy simple, all you do is melt an entire bag of your preferred chocolate chips (milk chocolate, semi-sweet, bittersweet, white) in the microwave with heavy cream. The result is a thick and smooth chocolate fudge (ganache if you want to get technical) that is roughly the consistency of cookie dough. Once it’s cooled you can take a large spoon or ice cream scoop and create individual serving-sized chocolate balls to keep wrapped in your fridge or freezer. When you’re ready just unwrap one and gently place the ball into a steaming cup of milk to melt. Gently stir and you have instant, real, hot chocolate to enjoy on a cold snowy day, or any time of year you may fancy. You’re welcome :0)
Make Ahead Real Hot Chocolate
- Total Time: 2 hours 6 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 cups 1x
This recipe for Make Ahead Real Hot Chocolate skips the constant stirring over a hot pot on the stove and gives you thick, creamy, intensely flavored hot chocolate in just a couple of minutes!
- 1 bag of semi sweet (or milk chocolate or white) chocolate chips (12 oz)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Empty the bag of chocolate chips into a microwave safe mixing bowl. Add the cream and vanilla and microwave for about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes (stirring every 30 seconds) until the mixture has blended together.
- Chill for 2 hours, or until the mixture sets up and becomes solid.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, create balls about 2 inches in diameter (about 3 tablespoons each) and wrap them individually in plastic wrap. Place several in a large zip-lock bag. The chocolate will keep in the fridge for a week or freezer for up to 2 months.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American