A big Thank you to Hormel© for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
One of the reasons I love my job as a food blogger is that I can discover new delicious foods and share them with you! Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash is delicious, high in protein, easy to prepare and easy on the budget. Try it in my new breakfast recipe for Corned Beef Hash Huevos Rancheros, you won’t be disappointed!
I found this yummy can of Corned Beef Hash in the canned meats section at my local grocery store. It’s pretty much sold everywhere. I told a friend about my discovery and she said it’s been a family favorite of hers since she was a kid. Apparently I have been living under a rock my entire life; I never knew about this yummy breakfast hash!
Huevos Rancheros (or ‘ranch eggs’ in english) is a classic south of the border breakfast, and one of my all-time favorite dishes. I thought of it almost immediately when I tried the Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash. This fast and easy recipe for Corned Beef Hash Huevos Rancheros begins by cooking the hash in a hot nonstick skillet. I use my trusty cast iron skillet, but any non-stick skillet will do. You want to hear sizzle when the hash goes straight from the can into the pan!
While the hash cooks, lightly oil corn tortillas and bake them on a baking sheet in a hot oven for just a couple minutes. This saves the hassle of having to prepare them individually on the stove top.
This is what the Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash looks like when it’s ready~ golden potatoes with crunchy bits of beef. Now it’s ready for the next step!
I clear a few little spaces in the hash to crack my eggs into. No need for extra oil or butter. Then season the eggs with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. When the eggs are cooked to my liking, I just scoop them up with a spatula and place them on the tortillas. Then smother them in green chile sauce and dig into that classic messy plate of delicious runny egg goodness Corned Beef Hash Huevos Rancheros!
This recipe is also great served with a side of refried beans for that true Huevos Rancheros feel. Salsa will work too if you can’t find green chile sauce, I happen live in New Mexico where it’s very plentiful. Check out Hormel’s Facebook page or Hormel’s Pinterest Boards for even more great recipe ideas. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Corned Beef Hash Huevos Rancheros
- Total Time: 15 minutes
A can of Mary Kitchen Corn Beef Hash, some eggs, tortillas and green chile sauce is all you need for this delicious and easy family breakfast.
- 1 Can Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash
- 6 corn tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 jar of green chile sauce or salsa
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and set the oven to heat to 450 degrees F.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add the Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash. Stir occasionally until the hash begins to be crisp and brown.
- While the hash cooks, lightly brush or spray vegetable oil on both sides of the tortillas and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Place them on the baking sheet and bake the tortillas for about 2 minutes, flipping them over halfway through. Remove from the baking sheet, and cover to keep warm.
- When the hash is browned and crispy, make six little open spaces for the eggs to be cooked and crack them in quickly one at a time. Sprinkle each with salt and freshly ground pepper. Turn the heat down to low and cover the pan. Cook the eggs for about 1 to 2 minutes for runny yolks, 4 minutes for hard yolks.
- Remove eggs and hash with a spatula and serve on individual tortillas. Top with green chile sauce (or salsa if you can’t find it). Serve alone or with a side of refried beans.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Texmex
- Serving Size: 3 servings