Are you one of those people who just dreads Valentine’s day or do you look forward to it? Whether you do or don’t, make this recipe tonight and your sweet tooth will thank you, and kids will love you!! That’s why I decided to name it Sweet Tooth Valentine’s Day Bark, because you can basically throw whatever your candy kryptonite is on top of high quality chocolate to create a treat that would make dentists cower in the corner. Oh yes, it’s true. (I am in no way suggesting that you shouldn’t take care of your teeth.)
This recipe for Sweet Tooth Valentine’s Day Bark is super easy and really fun to make, especially if you have culinary inclined little kids, it’s the perfect recipe for them to get creative with and hard to mess up.
I do consider myself a bit of a chocolate snob, and I only like using high quality chocolate in my recipes. For Sweet Tooth Valentine’s Day Bark, I used semi-sweet chocolate Ghirardelli bars and white chocolate Ghirardelli melting wafers. Using a great tasting chocolate will take your valentine’s day treats to a whole new level! I would advise not using chocolate chips for this recipe.
Simply melt the chocolates in the microwave on half power until smooth, then spread the milk chocolate over the bottom of a baking sheet. Thoroughly mix a few drops of red food coloring into the white chocolate then immediately drizzle it over and drag a knife or skewer through it (this makes it look pretty).
Then top with candies, starting with the largest and working your way down to the sprinkles last. Then comes the hard part; you have to wait for it to set up. This take about an hour, then you can break it apart and have a ball satisfying your sweet tooth or make adorable little Sweet Tooth Valentine’s Day Bark goodie bags for your child’s school valentine’s day party, or your work party or whatever you like! Just make sure you store it in your refrigerator, or you’ll have melt city all over your hands 🙂
Enjoy this fabulous and easy recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! This recipe inspiration came from another fabulous blogger, Sally McKinney.Print
Sweet Tooth Valentines Day Bark
- 8 ounces of White Chocolate wafers
- 8 ounces of Semi-sweet chocolate (2 4oz bars)
- red food coloring
- Valentines M&M’s, Conversation Hearts, sprinkles
- Line the bottom of a rimmed half-sheet (13″ x 18″ x 1″) baking sheet with parchment paper. Place white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate in separate microwave safe bowls. Place both in the microwave and cook on half power for about 3 minutes, checking/stirring every minute, until melted and smooth. Place a few drops of red food coloring into the white and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Pour the semi-sweet chocolate into the pan and spread to cover the parchment paper. Drizzle the white chocolate back and forth over the semi-sweet chocolate. Pull a skewer or knife across from one side of the melted chocolate to the other, both long-ways and short-ways.
- Place candies, then sprinkles over the surface of the chocolate and let cool for about an hour. Break into pieces and (pig out)store in an airtight container or goodie bags in the fridge.