You can’t go wrong with this quick delicious 20-Minute Cheesy Chicken Soup to satisfy your hunger fast!
Mark this recipe for 20-Minute Cheesy Chicken Soup as a chicken winner dinner for you and your family! So fast and easy, I know it will become a family favorite. It’s the perfect recipe after a long hard day at work.
20-Minute Cheesy Chicken Soup is FAST thanks to pre-cooked chicken
This 20-Minute Cheesy Chicken Soup is Made with either leftover chicken, ready-to-eat frozen, or a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Eliminating chicken cooking time gets this meal on the table fast! Add in frozen veggie mix, a potato, and Velveeta cheese to create a hearty satisfying soup to warm you from the inside out.
The only prep work needed for this recipe is to peel and dice one large Russet potato. Then cook it in the microwave for a few minutes to soften and speed along the cooking process for this soup.
I ALWAYS make my soups with broth instead of water. It adds a wonderful depth of flavor. I never stock broth in the fridge; I opt to stock up on chicken bouillon cubes instead so I can make broth whenever I need it!
20-Minute Cheesy Chicken Soup is such an easy recipe because it’s really like a dump-and-go recipe, just throw everything into a pot and simmer it for a few minutes, then stir in some Velveeta cheese cubes to turn the soup broth into a silky cheesy sauce.
Just look at all that delicious Cheesy Chicken Soup goodness!
I would absolutely serve this soup with some crusty French or Italian bread to dip into your soup. It just makes it that much more delicious!
I always appreciate recipe ratings and reviews from readers! I’d love to hear how you or your family loved this recipe. Enjoy!Print
20 Minute Cheesy Chicken Soup
This easy 20-Minute Cheesy Chicken Soup comes together quickly thanks to leftover cooked chicken, frozen veggies, and Velveeta cheese. The perfect weeknight dinner that will warm you from the inside out. Even better when served with crusty bread.
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup (the standard 10 1/2 ounce size)
- 2 cups frozen pea and carrot mix
- 3 and 1/2 cups chicken broth (I make mine from handy bullion cubes)
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Place the chopped potato into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 4 minutes.
- While the potato cooks, combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen vegetables, and chicken broth in a large stovetop Dutch oven. Stir to combine, then stir in the potato when it’s finished softening in the microwave. Bring the soup to a boil, then cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until completely melted. Serve warm.