One taste and you’ll agree; these Goldilocks Kitchen baked beans are “The Best Dang Baked Beans Ever.”
I recently attended a chili cook off and came across these beans – The Best Darn Baked Beans – and I had to share this recipe with you! It’s a really easy and versatile recipe that will keep you coming back for more; these tangy, savory and hearty beans are just so dang good. So let’s walk through the recipe real quick and I’ll show you how they’re done.
How to make the best darn baked beans
I recommend using a dutch oven or 12 inch deep-sided, oven-safe skillet to make this recipe. You’ll start by cooking no less than three different meats together; ground beef, sausage and bacon. When they’re about half way done, (about half pink and half brown) I add a whole diced onion to cook in the fat. Once all the meat is browned and the onion soft, drain out/remove the excess fat.
Before adding three cans of various beans, you’ll pour into the skillet a mixture of ketchup, worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and water. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan as you stir this mixture around to gather up all the brown bits stuck to the bottom. (Brown bits are called “fond”, and it always makes stuff taste better). Then add your beans, stir everything around again, and pop it in a 350° F degree oven with a lid to bake for 1 hour. That’s it!
Ohhhh the amazingness of these beans! Your house will smell fantastic while this bakes in the oven. These beans are great for so many things like filling into burritos, serving with with grilled meats, or spooned over rice!
Give these beans a try and you’ll be hooked. Enjoy the best dang baked beans ever, and please rate the recipe and leave a comment below, I love to hear feedback!Print
The Best Dang Baked Beans
- Total Time: 1 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
One taste and you’ll be saying, “These are the best dang baked beans ever!” The tangy, hearty and sweet flavor of these beans just can’t be beat.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 5 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (15-oz) can baked beans
- 1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-oz) can pinto beans, drained
- Set oven to heat to 350 degrees F. In a dutch oven or oven proof 12″ deep sided skillet, add beef, sausage and bacon. Cook over medium high heat until about halfway browned. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft and meats are fully browned, about 5 minutes. Drain excess liquid fat.
- While the meat is browning, stir together the ketchup, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, brown sugar and water. When the meat is fully browned, pour in the ketchup mixture and stir it around, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Stir in the beans and bacon.
- Cover, and place dutch oven/skillet in the oven. Bake for 1 hour. Remove and cool for 10 minutes. Serve.
This recipe can easily be doubled. If you don’t have oven proof cookware, simmer covered on low for 1 hour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hours 10 minutes
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 559
- Sugar: 8.9 g
- Sodium: 896 mg
- Fat: 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 70.2 g
- Fiber: 15.8 g
- Protein: 36.5 g
- Cholesterol: 52 mg