Here is a rich, creamy, cool sauce that goes great with Zucchini Fritters or paired with your favorite raw veggies or pita wedges. Make it ahead of time so you can chill it in the fridge for at least an hour to let the flavors blend together. Simple and Delicious, this sauce has the flavors of a regional cuisine that you can easily make in your home.
If you’re like me I love, LOVE, trying new foods from around the world. This sauce reminded me of when I live in Toronto Canada, and had the opportunity to dine with some lovely folks from the middle east. Yogurt sauce is a common side dish with cuisine from this area. Toronto is quite the melting pot for culture. Or, as the locals say, it’s more of a stained-glass window :0)Print
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
The perfect accompaniment for dipping Zucchini fritters or any middle eastern entree.
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint and/or dill
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- salt and pepper
- Shred the cucumber on a grater. Whisk the yogurt, oil mint and garlic together in a medium bowl. Stir in the shredded cucumber. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour, but can be kept in the fridge for a couple days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: condiment
- Cuisine: Middle eastern