I call these Simple and Delicious Oven Baked Fries. They are super fast to make (on the table in about 35 mintues) and are a crunchy savory addition to any meal. Try serving them with my Quick Superbowl Cheesesteak Subs. These oven baked fries are perfect for the meat and potatoes kind of person who’s looking for some new ideas on how to serve a side of potatoes with their meal.
And they’re more healthy than fries because they’re baked. You know why I really love these fries? These fries get great additional flavor by leaving the skins on. They crisp up in the oven and save you time by not having to peel a bunch of potatoes. I also love these fries because of the seasoning. Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning salute is perfect for this recipe. The first time I made these fries I was combining a couple different recipes. I wanted some kind of seasoning on my oven fries other than just salt and pepper. I opened the cupboard, and immediately reached for the small container of 21 seasoning salute. I took a chance and placed a few dashes in my bowl of potato wedges. My cooking savvy paid off big time! (By the way, this happens to me every single time I improvise a recipe. They always come out perfect, I just can’t help it…….hahaha totally not!)
So yeah. Great tasting quick oven fries. And if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s market in your area, no worries! I would recommend substituting garlic powder, or your own favorite seasoning blend. Enjoy this recipe and leave me a comment below to let me know how well you enjoyed it. I always love to see comments. It’s so wonderful to know that my recipes have made life a little easier for someone on this planet :0)Print
Simple and Delicious Oven Baked Fries
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
These potato wedges cook fast thanks to a short visit in the microwave before placing them in the oven. They are a crunchy, savory addition to any weak night dinner or game night.
- 6 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning salute (substitute garlic powder if this item isn’t available in your area)
- cooking spray
- Move an oven rack to the lowest position and set the oven to heat to 475. Slice the potatoes lengthwise into wedges about 1/4 inch thick. Place potato wedges into a large microwave safe bowl. Add in the vegetable oil, cornstarch, salt, pepper and 21 seasoning salute. Mix/ toss to thoroughly coat all the wedges.
- Place plastic wrap over the bowl and microwave for about 6 minutes, stopping half way through to mix and redistribute the potatoes in the bowl.
- Spread the potatoes in an even single layer in a rimmed baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Try to break up any wedges sticking together and lay them on their sides.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until spotty golden brown, flipping them over with tongs half way through. Serve with ketchup or fry sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: side
- Cuisine: American